Terms & Privacy
This website is published by Foxhill Publishing Limited, Foxhill, Stanford on Soar, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE12 5PZ UK. The company is registered in England No: 6737319. By using this website you accept these terms and conditions, which shall be interpreted according to English law.
terms and conditions of website use
- While every care is taken to ensure that the information displayed on this website is correct, no warranty or representation is given as to its quality, accuracy, fitness for purpose, usefulness or completeness.
- All published material remains the copyright of the publisher. No part of this website may be reproduced stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form, without prior permission of the copyright owner.
- To the full extent permissible by law, Foxhill Publishing Limited shall have no liability for any damage or loss however it arises, resulting from the use of, or inability to use this website, or any material appearing on it.
- Users agree to indemnify and hold Foxhill Publishing Limited harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, arising from your use of this website.
- This website contains links to external sites. Foxhill Publishing Limited is not responsible for, and has no control over, the content of such sites.
- Foxhill Publishing Limited may make alterations to, or withdraw this website, or any part of it, at any time.
- This website contains advertisements. Foxhill Publishing Limited cannot accept any responsibility for claims made in these advertisements, nor for any losses or damages arising from using the products advertised.
- Those intending to use a pesticide must read and follow the product label and comply with all local laws and regulations relating to the use of pesticides. Use pesticides safely. Always read the product information before use.
- Foxhill Publishing Limited fully respects the privacy of its website users. We limit the collection and use of personal information to what is necessary to administer our business, provide you with the highest quality visit, and offer you information we think will be of interest.
- To do this we useuse your IP address to administer our website and to help diagnose problems with it. We do not link your IP address to any personally identifiable information. We use a measurement system to determine which areas our site users visit based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but, simply and anonymously, how often each page is visited. This helps us maintain a useful and informative website for you.
- Personal information (i.e. your name, job title, telephone number, email and postal address) is provided by you as part of the registration process for Pest and/or Pest+. We use this information to manage your registration and despatch the information requested to you. We do not request sensitive information, such as credit card, bank account or National Insurance numbers. If you choose to pay a subscription then you are transferred to the secure payment site operated by PayPal.
- Your contact details may be used to provide you with information about other related products, events and services from us.
- With your consent we may also send you information on related events, products and services from third party organisations.
- We may also disclose your information if we have a duty to do so or if the law demands that we do so.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence, or wilful default.
- You can ask to see any record that we hold on you at any time. We reserve the right to charge a small administrative fee for providing this information.
Cookies are used on this site purely to improve services for you through, for example, measuring how many
people are using the site, so it can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure it is fast enough.
We use Google Analytics to measure how many people use this site. We do this to make sure the site is meeting users' needs and to understand how we could improve it. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store any personal
information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We also do not
allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are used by Google Analytics:
- utma stores a randomly generated number for 2 years
- utmb stores a randomly generated number for 30 minutes
- utmc stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
- utmz stores a randomly generated number and anonymous information on how the site was reached
(e.g. direct or via a link or a search) for 6 months
The following cookie is used to provide other normal website functions:
- asp.net_sessionid stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
If you do not wish to accept any cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your
browser. However this is likely to adversely affect the functionality of websites you visit.
Our web developers have made a substantial investment in the latest server, database, backup and firewall
technologies to protect visitors to our website. These technologies are deployed as part of sophisticated security
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, or to be deleted from our database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your request. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
In the event that Foxhill Publishing (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, customer
information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
terms and conditions for advertisers
- All advertisements (display, recruitment, printed, online and email, including any inserts and supplements) accepted for publication by Foxhill Publishing Limited in its printed or online publications are subject to these terms and conditions. Any other conditions proposed by the advertiser shall be void unless accepted by the publisher in writing.
- The advertisement buyer (whether an advertising agent, media buyer or the advertising company/organisation itself) warrants that they contract with Foxhill Publishing Limited as principal.
- All advertisements are accepted on the understanding that the advertiser warrants that the advert does not contravene the British Code of Advertising Practice, nor any relevant legislation and, in particular, legislation governing the advertising of pesticide/biocide products.
- Prices published by Foxhill Publishing Limited from time to time are subject to revision. All prices quoted are exclusive of Value Added Tax which will be added to invoices as appropriate.
- All advertisements will be invoiced after publication. Accounts must be settled within 28 days of the invoice date. Interest will be charged monthly on overdue accounts at the rate of 2% above the NatWest Bank Minimum Lending Rate.
- Series discounts apply only to orders placed in advance and completed within the agreed period. Foxhill Publishing Limited reserves the right to surcharge in the event of a series of advertisements not being completed within that period.
- All copy and creative supplied must meet Foxhill Publishing Limited’s specifications. In the absence of a colour proof responsibility for print quality cannot be accepted.
- Foxhill Publishing Limited shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the advertiser or the advertiser’s agent or media buyer as a result of any total or partial failure of publication, distribution or availability of any of its publications, printed or online, in which any advertisement was scheduled to be included.
- In the event of a printing error or omission, which detracts materially from the advertisement, Foxhill Publishing Limited will either reinsert the advertisement in a subsequent issue or make a reasonable refund of, or adjustment to, the price paid. The total liability of Foxhill Publishing Limited to the advertiser for any act or omission of Foxhill Publishing Limited, its servants or agents relating to any advertisement, printed or online, shall not exceed the amount of a full refund of the advertisement price.
- Complaints regarding reproduction of printed advertisements must be received in writing within one calendar month of the cover date.
- Payment in full will be required if booked advertisements are cancelled within one month of the advised publication date. Cancellation of an advertisement must be received in writing.
- Foxhill Publishing Limited reserves the right to cancel any order without liability in the event of becoming aware of an advertisement buyer having financial difficulties.
- Foxhill Publishing Limited reserves the right to refuse, omit or suspend an advert at any time for good reason, without liability to the advertiser. If such omission or suspension is due to the act or default of the advertiser or advertiser’s agent or media buyer then the advertisement must be paid for in full notwithstanding that it has not been published.
- If any advertisement submitted for publication contains the name or pictorial representation of any living person and/or any part of any living person and/or copy by which any living person is, or can be, readily identified, the advertiser warrants that they or their agent has obtained the authority to make use of such name, representation and/or copy.
- The advertiser or the advertiser’s agent or media buyer will indemnify Foxhill Publishing Limited from any claim that the advertisement infringes the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any person or that it is defamatory or infringes any other right of any person. Foxhill Publishing Limited reserves the right to refuse to publish an advertisement if it reasonably believes that the advertisement may make Foxhill Publishing Limited or the advertiser liable to any complaint, claim or proceedings.
- The advertiser is solely responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any orders or enquiries relating to the goods, services or promotion to which the advertisement relates.
- Where advertising inserts have been accepted Foxhill Publishing Limited reserves the right to charge the full price if the inserts fail to arrive at the agreed time and place for insertion.
- If an online advertisement links to another site, the advertiser is responsible for maintaining the content of the linked site. Foxhill Publishing Limited may remove any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which is defamatory or objectionable.
- Online advertisements must not contain tags, cookies, beacons or similar technology which personally identifies users of the Foxhill Publishing Limited website.
- If an online advertisement does not comply with these terms and conditions or a complaint is received, Foxhill Publishing Limited may decide to remove the advertisement without reference or liability to the advertiser or the advertiser’s agent or media buyer.
- Neither Foxhill Publishing Limited nor its subcontractors shall be liable for failure to display any online advertisement caused by circumstances outside their control.
- Recruitment advertisements must comply with employment law.
- Advertisers agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to a recruitment advertisement and to indemnify Foxhill Publishing Limited from and against any claim arising from a breach of this obligation.
- Foxhill Publishing Limited cannot guarantee any response to recruitment advertisements or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised.