Pest readers youre in the driving seat and we need you to tell us about the products that have made a real difference to your working lives. So dont be shy. Nominations for the Best Product Award 2016 are now open.
Any product introduced to the UK market after 1 January 2015 can be nominated with one proviso. Products which came first, second or third in 2015 cannot be entered for a second year so that’s Racumin Foam rodenticide from Bayer, Nara bloc non-toxic rodent attractant from Futura and Woodstream’s Victor Kill@lert remote notification system.
|The Award, which has been dubbed the pest control product Oscars recognises the new product that readers feel has made the greatest improvement to their lives and/or working practices. It has become a firm favourite with pest professionals, distributors and manufacturers since it was first introduced in 2010.
Don’t worry if you are unsure about when the product you would like to nominate was launched. We will check that out for you. And remember, there’s no limit on the number of products you can nominate so, you can always put forward another if something else catches your eye later in the year.
Throughout the year, we will update you on progress before, finally giving you the chance to vote for the product you feel has been the most innovative – the product which has made the greatest improvement to your life and/or your working practices.
You can nominate products by downloading our online PDF form, or by using the nomination form in Issue 43, the February & March 2016 edition of Pest magazine.
Alternatively you can email the editor. Please type Best Product Award in the subject line and be sure to include:
- Your name;
- Your company/organisation’s name;
- The products you would like to nominate.
Nominations will close at midnight on 31 August 2016.
The mechanics are quite simple
- 26 January 2016 – Pest Best Product Award announced
- 26 January to 31 August 2016 – Pest readers nominate their selected products
- 1 September 2016 – product shortlist drawn-up from nominations sent in
- 1 September to 30 October 2016 – Pest readers vote to establish the winner
- 31 October 2016 – all votes counted
- 2 November 2016 – award presented during PestTech.
Any product launched between 1 January 2015 and 31 August 2016 can be nominated.
Rules of engagement
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible but there are some rules to follow.
- Only commercial pest control products can be nominated. Services, promotional schemes, special offers and the like are excluded;
- Products nominated must have been launched after 1 January 2015 and before midnight on 31 August 2016;
- Products which have achieved 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the previous year cannot be re-nominated.
- Products must have been fully commercially available during the time period shown in 2 above. Products supplied free for trials purposes cannot be entered;
- Only products sold in the UK are eligible;
- Entries must be made via an official printed nomination form as supplied by Pest or by using the online form accessible via this website or by emailing the editor as detailed above;
- Readers can nominate as many products as they want;
- Readers may vote for their top two products, but may only submit one voting form. Second choices will be taken into account in the event of a tie;
- Votes submitted after midnight on 30 October 2016 will not be counted.
The legal stuff
- In the event of a tie then reader’s second choices will be taken into account. If there is still a tie, all the products with the same score will receive the award;
- The count will be conducted by Pest publications and the decision made by Pest will be final. No correspondence will be entered into;
- The results will be announced at PestTech and on the Pest website and in Pest magazine;
- Pest takes no responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt;
- Pest will only use your personal details for the purposes of administering this award and will not publish them or provide them to anyone else without your permission.
Share this story: