Contego has announced that it is going greener by no longer supplying new customers with fluorescent fly killers and only supplying LED units instead.
Michael Taylor, chief executive of Contego (pictured), said: “We are delighted to announce that, from October 2021, Contego has decided to move exclusively to LED units.
“We’ll support our existing customers with fluorescent tubes as they are phased out in the coming years. The move comes on the back of a successful trial of LED fly killers at our head office and several customer sites.
“Contego is committed to reducing our carbon footprint and making sustainable changes wherever possible.”
Mr Taylor said Contego is committed to becoming Climate Positive by 2025. So far, it’s
- Installed LED panel lighting in the office;
- Supported forest carbon with tree planting for carbon offset;
- Introduced electric vans and cars to its fleet;
- Using recycled paper and printing on both sides of the page;
- Recycled old computer equipment; and
- Installed motion sensor lighting in the office.