The search is on to find the product that Pest readers will crown the best new product when they vote this autumn. Yes, nominations are now been accepted. So whats impressed you so far? Do let us know.
Any product introduced commercially to the UK market after 1 January 2016 right up to 31 August 2017 can be nominated with one proviso.
Products which came first, second or third in 2016 cannot be entered for a second year so that’s Agrilaser Autonomic from PestFix, Aura Black and SX Dotz from Pelsis (which were equal second in the 2016 vote) and Defender Post & Wire from Jones and Son.
|The Pest Best Product Award, which has been dubbed the pest control product Oscars, recognises the new product that readers feel has made the greatest improvement to their lives and/or working practices. It has become a firm favourite with pest professionals, distributors and manufacturers.
Don’t forget you can nominate as many products as you like so get nominating now and if something else catches your eye later in the year you can always add to your nominations.
You can nominate products via our online PDF form, or by using the printed nomination form in Issue 49, the February & March 2016 edition of Pest magazine. Alternatively you can email the editor. Please type Best Product Award in the subject line and be sure to include:
- Your name;
- Your company/organisation’s name;
- The products you would like to nominate.
Nominations will close at midnight on 8 September 2017.
The timetable is:
- 1 March 2017 – Pest Best Product Award launched
- 1 March to 8 September 2017 – Pest readers nominate their selected products
- 11 September 2017 – Pest draws-up a product shortlist from the nominations sent in
- 11 September to 10 November 2017 – Pest readers vote to establish the winner
- 13 November 2017 – all votes counted
- 15 November 2017 – winners announced and award presented during PestTech.
Any product launched between 1 January 2016 and 31 August 2017 can be nominated.
Rules of engagement
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible but there are some rules to follow.
- Only commercial pest control products can be nominated. Services, promotional schemes, special offers and the like are excluded;
- Products nominated must have been launched after 1 January 2016 and before midnight on 31 August 2017;
- Products which have achieved 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the previous year cannot be re-nominated.
- Products must have been fully commercially available at some during the time period shown in 2 above. Products supplied for trials purposes cannot be entered;
- Only products sold in the UK are eligible;
- Entries must be made via an official printed nomination form as supplied by Pest or by using the online form accessible via this website or by emailing the editor as detailed above;
- Readers can nominate as many products as they want;
- Manufacturers and distributors can nominate their own products, but they cannot vote for them
- Readers may vote for their top two products, but may only submit one voting form. Second choices will be taken into account in the event of a tie;
- Votes submitted after midnight on 10 November 2017 will not be counted.
The legal stuff
- In the event of a tie then reader’s second choices will be taken into account. If there is still a tie, all the products with the same score will receive the award;
- The count will be conducted by Pest publications and the decision made by Pest will be final. No correspondence will be entered into;
- The results will be announced at PestTech and on the Pest website and in Pest magazine;
- Pest takes no responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt;
- Pest will only use your personal details for the purposes of administering this award and will not publish them or provide them to anyone else without your permission.
Share this story: