The search is on to find the product that Pest readers will crown the best new product when they vote this autumn. Yes, nominations for the Pest Best product Award 2018 are now being accepted. So whats impressed you so far?
It’s time to start thinking about which products you want to nominate for the Pest Best Product Award 2018.
Products launched between 1 January 2017 and 31 August 2018 are eligible and you can nominate as many products as you want so there’s no need to wait. Get your nominations in now and, if something better comes along later in the year, you can simply nominate that as well.
The proud 2017 Best Product Award winners
What we are looking for is the product that you feel has made the most improvement to your working life and/or working practices as a pest professional.
A quick skim of the new products featured in the last six issues of Pest shows that there are already plenty of products to choose from:
- Russell IPM’s clothes moth trap;
- Lodi’s Addict cockroach gel
- Syngenta’s non-toxic Talon Track
To name but three.
For the 2018 award, any product introduced commercially during the qualifying period of 1 January 2017 up to 31 August 2018, can be put forward, with one exception. Products which achieved a first, second or third place in last year’s award cannot be nominated for a second time. So that means you cannot nominate Rotech Ranger Dual Trap from 1env Solutions, nor Ratwall from Edialux, nor Cimetrol Super from PelGar International – the winners in the 2017 awards.
Pest readers are in the driving seat. You nominate the products. We then produce a shortlist and invite you to vote for the product you feel is the most innovative. The winners will be announced at PestTech in November and will be featured in the December edition of Pest magazine.
You can nominate products via our online PDF form, or by using the printed nomination form in Pest 55: February & March 2018 edition of Pest magazine. Alternatively you can email the editor. Please type Best Product Award in the subject line and be sure to include:
- Your name;
- Your company/organisation’s name;
- The products you would like to nominate.
Nominations will close at midnight on 31 August 2018. The timetable is:
- 26 February 2018 – Pest Best Product Award launched
- 26 February to 31 August 2018 – Pest readers nominate their selected products
- 17 September 2018 – Pest draws-up the product shortlist from the nominations sent in
- 17 September to 31 October 2018 – Pest readers vote to establish the winner
- 1 November 2018 – all votes counted
- 7 November 2018 – winners announced and award presented during PestTech.
Any product launched between 1 January 2017 and 31 August 2018 can be nominated.
Rules of engagement
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible but there are some rules to follow.
- Only commercial pest control products can be nominated. Services, promotional schemes, special offers and the like are excluded;
- Products nominated must have been launched after 1 January 2017 and before midnight on 31 August 2018;
- Products which have achieved 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the previous year cannot be re-nominated.
- Products must have been fully commercially available at some during the time period shown in 2 above. Products supplied for trials purposes cannot be entered;
- Only products sold in the UK are eligible;
- Entries must be made via an official printed nomination form as supplied by Pest or by using the online form accessible via this website or by emailing the editor as detailed above;
- Readers can nominate as many products as they want;
- Manufacturers and distributors can nominate their own products, but they cannot vote for them;
- Readers may vote for their top two products, but may only submit one voting form. Second choices will be taken into account in the event of a tie;
- Votes submitted after midnight on 31 October 2018 will not be counted.
The legal stuff
- In the event of a tie then reader’s second choices will be taken into account. If there is still a tie, all the products with the same score will receive the award;
- The count will be conducted by Pest publications and the decision made by Pest will be final. No correspondence will be entered into;
- The results will be announced at PestTech and on the Pest website and in Pest magazine;
- Pest takes no responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt;
- Pest will only use your personal details for the purposes of administering this award and will not publish them nor provide them to anyone else without your permission.
Share this story: